14 Things To Love About Door County
- Theaters – Enjoy a fun family night at the Skyway Drive-In Theater in Fish Creek or enjoy a good laugh during date night at Peninsula Players between Fish Creek and Egg Harbor.
- Beaches – Relax on the mile long beach of white sand at Whitefish Dunes State Park or take advantage of water rentals at Nicolet Beach in Peninsula State Park.
- Wine Trail – Sip your way around the county on the Wine Trail. Some of the stops include Door Peninsula Winery, Simon Creek, and Stones Throw Winery.
- Massages – After a long day on the peninsula, be sure to visit one of our spas. Lavender Spa, Spa at Sacred Grounds, and Spa Verde are just a few.
- Lighthouses – Make a day of visiting all of the lighthouses or visit them as you explore each town. Some of the “must-see” include Eagle Bluff Lighthouse in Peninsula State Park and Cana Island in Baileys Harbor.
- Hiking – Count the varieties of orchids at The Ridges Sanctuary or go for a more rigorous adventure Door Bluff Headlands County Park.
- Orchards – Stop at all of the orchards to enjoy their unique offerings. Some local favorites include Seaquist Orchards in Sister Bay, Koepsel’s Farm Market in Baileys Harbor, and Wood Orchard in Egg Harbor.
- Sunrises & Sunsets – Door County offers of the most breathtaking pictures at dawn and dusk. Rise early and head to the quiet side to capture your own images in Baileys Harbor or head to Newport State Park. The sunsets in Ephraim and Sister Bay will absolutely blow you away!
- Festivals – Almost every weekend you can find some sort of festival. Enjoy some winter fun in Fish Creek at Winter Festival, the Burning of the Winter Witch in Ephraim during Fyr Bal Festival and lots of fall happens can be found at Pumpkin Patch in Egg Harbor, or Fall Festival in Sister Bay.
- Tours – Head to Washington Island and explore on the Cherry Train or hop on a segway and take one of many guided tours. Don’t forget about the many tours Door County Trolley offers as well!
- Fish Boils – Door County is home of the fish boil! Enjoy this unique experience at The Viking Grill, Old Post Office Restaurant, Pelletier’s or Rowleys Bay.
- Parks – Door County has five state parks, 19 county parks and dozens of town parks. Enjoy the view at Ellison Bluff Overlooks, camping in Peninsula State Park, or the playground at Sister Bay Town Park.
- Water Activities – Endless water activities and rentals are available throughout the county. Boat and jet-ski rentals can be found in Fish Creek and Sister Bay, or rent a pontoon in Ephraim. You can also try canoeing or stand-up paddle boards in Baileys Harbor.
- Golf Courses – Enjoy 9 or 18 holes at Peninsula State Park, Idlewild or The Orchards. Make it a family day and hit the greens with the kids at one of the four mini-golf courses throughout the county.
Set among the trees, this relaxed family-run motel along Highway 42 north of Ephraim is a 9-minute walk from the Northern Sky Theater. Warm rooms offer complimentary WIFI, flat-screen TVs and microwaves, along with minifridges and coffeemakers. Amenities includes car and RV parking and a daily continental breakfast served in the fireplace lounge. There’s also a seasonal heated outdoor pool and a furnished deck, as well as gardens featuring a playground, lawn games, picnic area, BBQ grills and a fire pit.